RESEARCH PHONE/LIFE BALANCE WITH US
SPACE works to support researchers looking to better understand phone/life balance, problematic phone use, phone usage patterns and, more broadly, how individuals and society relate to technology.
Through our trusted consultancy and data sharing services, we are able to provide you with access to the quantitative evidence you need for your cutting edge research.
We charge a small consultancy fee for collecting, organizing and sharing any existing data in an appropriate and reliable fashion. This includes drawing from more than 50,000 active data sets, or building additional or bespoke functionality to test your hypotheses.
What Data we can Collect
Collection of Existing Data Sets
- Phone usage (locks/unlocks with timestamp to the millisecond)
- App usage (timestamp & duration)*
- Pausing of the app (timestamp & duration)
- Focus mode timestamps (when a user starts the focus mode to stop notifications)*
- User set time and unlock goals
- Profiles (if the user fills in the ‘My Profile’ section)
- Type of phone users (if user completes quiz)
*only on Android
Creation of New Data Sets
We are also able to run extension studies for a set-group of uses to collect additional information, such as:
- Apps excluded to be counted from SPACE time
- Phone call monitoring
- Text messages
- Phone events
- Switch on/off
- Airplane mode
- Location tracking
- Time spent at locations
- Apps used at locations
- Battery status at points in the day
(Note, these are Android only)
Evolution of the User Experience & UI
Have an additional functionality that you are looking to build?
We are able to work with you to build new functionality into SPACE to test your hypotheses. This may involve:
- Building new functionality into the product
- Adding a survey
- Launching direct messaging with your participants
- Changing the look and feel of the product
- Projects are costed on a time basis.